The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) or Developing Country Partnership is a scholarship offered by the Indonesian Government, the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia to International citizens from developing countries to pursue their master’s degrees in Indonesian Universities, one of them is Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya (PENS). The program objectives are to contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries, to promote deeper cultural understanding between developing countries, and to strengthen the relationship and cooperation between developing countries.
Master Programs in PENS:
- Master of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Applied Science in Informatics and Computer Engineering. More information about PENS Master Programs: http://pascasarjana.pens.ac.id/
- A Settlement Allowance will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia.
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive the Living Allowance.
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance (Living Allowance and Research and Books allowance).
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 400,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student).
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
- The duration of scholarship is exclusively correlated to the duration of the academic program as indicated below:
- Indonesian Language Course Program (BIPA): Maximum 12 months
- Master Program: Maximum 24 months (4 semester)
- Please be advised that the KNB Scholarship is calculated to support the KNB Student costs only. There is no provision for dependents. KNB Students are advised not to bring dependents to Indonesia. The KNB Scholarship provides no financial or pastoral support for dependants and will not endorse the visa applications of, nor provide travel for, dependants.
- Note : Other expenses beside above mentioned items will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
- Maximum age: 35 years old.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor Degree for applying to Master Program.
- Applicants must have a TOEFL (or other English Proficiency Test Certificate) score of 500 or its equivalent.
- Applicants must complete the online Application form on https://knb.kemendikbud.go.id.
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management.
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country.
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia).
- Two Academic Recommendation letters.
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate.
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English).
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years.
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
How to Apply:
- Open KNB Website: https://knb.kemdikbud.go.id
- There are several section in the website, you can read all of the information first and click sign up if you do not have any account yet.
- Fill your first and last name, email, and password. Then click sign up.
- After your registration succeed, please login by using your username and password.
- After you sign in to your account, you will see a several section in the left. In the first page, you will see a summary (Data that must be complete). Open and fill every section one by one carefully.
- After you finish all of the registration step, submit your application.
During the application process, please pay close attention to some important information below:
- We strongly suggest you to collect as many information as possible on the universities and your desired study program. Please be advised that once you are admitted, changing either the universities or your study program is strictly prohibited. More information about PENS, visit: https://www.pens.ac.id/
- The recommendation letter from Indonesian Embassy is mandatory. The recommendation letter will be issued based on verification and necessary background and/or security checks conducted by the Indonesian Embassy. In case of no Indonesian official representative in your country, you need to obtain the letter from any Indonesian Embassy accredited to your country.
- All the required documents have to be written or officially translated in English.
- The participants from English speaking country are not automatically excluded from the requirement to attach the written prove of their English proficiency.
- PENS will be conducting a series of the selection methods including online interview with the potential candidates.
- The online application process must be completed no later than 4 May 2021.
- The selection result will be announced on the 1st week of June 2021.
- The confirmation deadline is on 1 July 2021.
- The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on 5 August 2021.
For more information you can contact:
Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya
Jl. Raya ITS, Sukolilo, Surabaya 60111
Tel: 62 31 594 7280 | Fax +62 31 594 6114
WhatsApp Number: +62 811-3330-5005
Website : https://www.pens.ac.id/
Instagram : email@example.com